We are the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual
world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with
its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and
system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by
creators who use proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes,
artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users
attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other
experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for
assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an
immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where anything is
What are we looking for?
We are a group of contributors to the our ecosystem and are actively
seeking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer (oriented to backend) to continue
building the clients to enter the Metaverse. Our ideal candidate is excited about
creating truly memorable experiences for the community, has a generalist
mindset, and an extensive background in the gaming industry.
Take ownership of large and complex features collaborating with other team
members, ensuring the highest level of quality.
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, ensuring the
best performance, quality, and responsiveness of the world client.
Partner with the creative team to ensure that project planning, along with
technical implementation, is aligned with the vision and strategy.
Be part of the development process and contribute with improvements and
suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production
Mentor other developers in the best use of the development guidelines, actively
participating in code reviews and pair programming.
- 4+ Node.js for servers (fulltime hands-on)
- Experience with React
- Experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience building, publishing and maintaining software in production environments
- Sharing our core values: create with passion, care about the future, done is better than perfect, own it, enjoy the ride
- Experience working professionally in the gaming industry
- Web3 and ethers.js for interacting with Ethereum
- GitHub Actions & Workflows for continuous deployment
- Gitlab and Pulumi for the infrastructure provisioning
- Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring
Conditions and Perks
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- 29 annual and flexible PTOs (paid time off)
- Long term incentive of MANA tokens
- Performance-based vestings of MANA tokens twice a year
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair
- Unlimited health days that are not deducted from PTOs nor tracked. Just get better.
- 200 USD (monthly) stipend for space of work.