We are the world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual
social world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique
ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency,
marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are
added daily by creators who use both open source and proprietary developer
tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations
allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences,
exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What
began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to
users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed
metaverse, where the world is what you make it.
We are actively seeking for an experienced full-stack engineer (oriented to
frontend) to join our remote-friendly team creating the tools to build the
metaverse. You will be in charge of developing cool 3.0 web apps (dApps) and
the DAO. Our ideal candidate has a proactive personality with a strong sense of
ownership and initiative.
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable and excited about:
Developing new features, iterating fast, and creating innovative solutions to
Dealing with existing code and products to make them more efficient, scalable,
performant and maintainable
Interacting with other teams and stakeholders to understand the short, medium
and long term platform goals and bring them to life
Identifying problems and bottlenecks and creating innovative solutions for them.
The Tech Stack
These are the technologies that the dApps team uses on a daily basis:
- TypeScript (both server & browser)
- Gatsby and React (Redux and sagas)
- Web3 and ethers.js for interacting with Ethereum
- Node.js for servers
- GitHub Actions
- Workflows for continuous deployment
- Gitlab and Pulumi for the infrastructure provisioning
- Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring
- ZenHub for project management
- +4 years working with React and Redux (fulltime hands-on)
- +4 years working with Typescript (fulltime hands-on)
- +3 years working with NodeJS
- ability to understand existing products, refactor and scale them
- Experience building, publishing and maintaining software in production environments
- Desire to work with technologies like React, Redux, and Sagas
- Sharing our core values: Create with passion, care about the future, done is better than perfect, own it, enjoy the ride.
- Familiarity with blockchain-based technologies
- Has built a Smart Contract using Solidity or Vyper
- Has built static sites using Jekyllrb (o any equivalent)
- Has built an app that interacts with the Ethereum using web3 (or any equivalent)
- Has built an app (any tool, dApp, etc.) for fun or motivated by a personalb frustration
- Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones.
Conditions and Perks
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours
- 29 annual PTOs (paid time off)
- Long term incentive of tokens, vested in a 4 years period
- Performance improvement reviews every semester, associated with bonuses in MANA
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair
- Remote work stipend
- Unlimited health days that are not deducted from PTOs nor tracked. Just get better.
- 200 USD (monthly) stipend for space of work.